Sunday, April 1, 2012

Texture...

I love texture. I try to capture photos of it everywhere I go and it's truly surprising how much you see if you're looking for it. Rusty old buildings and pipes, palettes behind Home Depot, old farm machinery sitting in a field to rust, the neighborhood water pipes, the windshield while going through a car wash, an old muddy lake bed, soil that has been plowed into perfect rows, clouds, a pile of old dead branches... You get the idea, the list could go on and on. I would love to hear your texture suggestions if you want to leave a comment.

One of these days I'll put together a mosaic with all the texture photos I have taken. It will be huge!

Linking up with Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday.

11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

It is great to find something you are good at and really like to do. Your photos are cool, great mosaic. Have a wonderful week!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How interesting. We walk at a park that has imprints of leaves and ferns stamped into the concrete paths. I always love seeing them! ♥

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Texture is a wonderful idea for a mosaic. V

Snap said...

Great textures and color!

A Garden of Threads said...

Love all the texture and colours.

Vee said...

That is great. And they'd make great backgrounds or backdrops, too. I particularly like that you found lots of color. Rust is interesting, but color...cool.

Jann Olson said...

You captured one of my favorite textures, lichen on rocks. The other favorite would be moss. I love anything with texture and patina also. Your mosaic is so fun. Now a new follower.
Hugs,
Jann

Kim, USA said...

Wow same here I do love texture and your texture has natural color on it. Great find! Thanks for the visit!

Spring Flowers

Life Images by Jill said...

I love textures too - they are everywhere! I particularly like bark, old rusty metal, leaves.
Have a wonderful week. And thank you so much for stopping by my blog to say hi and for your comments.

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...

This loks great. I would love for you to visit me at My Dream Canvas :-) You have a lovely blog.

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Colours, textures layers, all very wonderfully done~